History Repeats Itself (Antigone)

Quite often when we analyze a person's actions we say to ourselves, "He did the same thing last time we had this discussion." The un-encouraging truth is that many of us, myself included, do not learn from our mistakes. We may ignore what we see in disbelief or just not care about the outcome if something should come around in the same manner. We can also learn from others. Antigone's devotion to her family caused much grief to those around her. To make matters worse, her uncle was more obliging to the law than to his family. It is okay to involve family with work, but there must be a line. I have worked for my father in his HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) company, started by my grandfather, and enjoyed doing so. I did notice at times where either my father or I would get frustrated with each other but at the end of the day we are family and we knew what we needed to do. I can truly say that my father does the opposite, he brings his family life into his work. His men are an extension of his family and he treats them as such. It is in this way that he keeps his men happy and the people in the field are happy to work for him in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment